Friday, November 18, 2005
I hate Biology.$BlogItemTitle$>
I had my first Biology tuition today. Its seems pretty dumb to have Biology tuition at $60/hour. She just went through the textbook with me, and we went through the first seven chapters today. Not bad.
Surprisingly, I did not feel the least tired at all. In fact, I could go on for another hour or two today. Instead, she was the one yawning and suggesting a five-minute break which was politely rejected by me. She must be quite shocked, judging from her facial expression and her question..
Evelyn (The tutor) : Aren't you tired at all?
Me (opening my eyes widely) : Err, no?I suspect she was waiting to go off too...
(Clock said 3pm then!)
Evelyn : Anyway, do you know what time I came?Me (remembering clearly she arrived at 1.35pm) : I'm not too sure about it.Evelyn : Okay, 'cause I thought I came around 1.20pm Me (smiling away) : Oh...
Evelyn : Yay! (clapping hands)Me : ... (apparently too dumbfounded to have said anything) I'm serious she did that. My jaw practically dropped to the floor when she did that la. Oh no. I must have been a bore. Terrible. TSK!
She must have thought I was dumb too. I showed her my End of Year paper and she let out a laugh when she saw it. And she was rather amazed that I did not know many things about Biology, so she decided to start from the FIRST chapter onwards. Oh my. What a disgrace.
She kept testing me on the animal cell and plant cell diagrams too. Labelling sucks. Drawing diagrams suck.
In short,
Biology sucks!She must have been very delighted to step out of my house. (1) She does not have to face boring me anymore. (2) She's earning a phreaking $120 per session okay! (3) I requested for once a week, and not twice as my Mom wanted.
This reminds me of a course my Mom signed me up for without my knowledge. It cost $3000+ la! Imagine the numerous clothes/heels/accessories/bags I can buy with that sum of money. Bloodycow! She claims that she's investing in me. And she used the word "invest"!? *farts* (hahah, this is such an un-glamourous word)
Anyway, we had a rather slack training yesterday. Apparently, Ms Chng did not want to tire us as we would be having a carnival in Kallang later in the afternoon. So we did some basic passes and defending (for my case since I am not cut out to be a shooter.
Damn!)
Wei Li (the assistant coach) insisted that all the thirty-something of us must go down to Kallang as a whole, since she was in charge of us, and should anything
(choy!) happen to us, she would be held responsible. It looked like some Primary school excursions we had back then, only that we're bigger in size.
We went there in two groups. The second group, which Wei Li, the Sec Ones and Ranjani was in, got lost and I heard they had to walk two bus stops down. We reached there in 20 minutes! Very very fast, compared to the old route which took an hour or so.
I was pleased with our team's performance yesterday. Especially the last game with St Margs. :D The first game did not start off quite well, but it got better gradually. Ms Chng mentioned that it would be more stressful during the next three trainings cause she would be picking the 12 people to make the school team after the next three trainings. She wants to concentrate on the main 12 during the two weeks of training in December.
We went to Chomps to have our dinner. Xinya went to shave off her right side after getting inspired by Tan Yan. I must admit she looks quite nice in her new hairdo. After that, we went off to Amberella to play pool for the twins and watch tv for Jacinda and me.
I asked Dad to teach me how to play pool today. (Oh I feel so embarrassed) And he gave me this big and thick book "Precision Pool" to read up on. I flipped through a few pages and it seems cool!
This is what the book cover says...
Your guide to mastering key skills, shots and strategies.Well, it better do me and my poor pool skills good.
Mom says we ought to go down to my dad's pub every Saturday (morning or afternoon of course). Well, I SO agree. I have not stepped in there since I was a little girl.
Okay, I'm starving.
DINNER TIME.Till the very next time!
Yours faithfully,
Janine.
11/18/2005 05:27:00 PM;